Saturday, March 26, 2011

Gerson's 8th Birthday

March 24 is dear Gerson's birthday.  I asked V to contact the family to ask if it was OK that we send them some gifts and a cake for the family.  Since they had not called us about school and we had not heard from them at all since our visit, I wasn't sure what to expect.  Nothing is predictable in this relationship.  I was very glad that they agreed.

So, they met V at a previously agreed upon place.  (It just is not safe for V to go to their home.)  V took Gerson and Elviz into the bakery and let them pick out the cake, and he also bought them an ice cream to eat.  He got to spend time talking with them alone, and the boys seemed to have a very good time.  He gave them gifts (I couldn't leave Elviz out!),  which were shirts.  I had given them several toys and things when I saw them, so we thought clothing might be the most useful gift now.

My favorite quote from V's update (with corrected spelling b/c English is not his first language) -
"they saw me and run where I was seating down,  I hug them and first thing ask me where is Madrina Krystal.   mmm it took me a bit to answer that.  but told them that you were in ky and she is thinking of you today, hugs and kisses, so they laughed and I ask them lets go to get a cake."


 The boys are doing OK, but they are confused about why they are where they are now.  They are not school . . . we're going to have to work on that, but again, I'm not really sure how to navigate this situation.  Everything isn't perfect, but for at least one day, I know that they were reminded that they are loved.   

8 comments:

  1. Krystal,

    You are a very strong woman, and these boys know they are loved by you.

    Beth in MN

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Krystal...I did not know about this last hearing. I am so sorry, but so very, very thankful that you have found a way to be in their lives yet. Prayers going up for all of you as you navigate this new territory.
    dawn

    ReplyDelete
  3. God bless these sweet little boys and their lovely Madrina who watches over them. My heart breaks for you. Love knows no boundaries and these boys knew that they were loved by you the moment you met them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Krystal,I don't know how you do it, other than you don't have a choice. You are so amazing and I know you feel so blessed to have these boys in your life. I cannot imagine what it is like.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Krystal,
    I can't even imagine how all of this has been for you! It completely breaks my heart. We pray for you guys all the time.

    We lost a referral before Shiloh, and I still think about and pray for that little girl all the time. I want you to know that whenever I think of her, I will pray for your two sweet boys too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG, I didn't know. I was hoping your case was one that the US State Dept had on their list. My heart is breaking. Thinking of the life those boys now will have as opposed to the life they should have.......I don't think I could forgive God.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wendy - our case was (and probably still is) on the US list and all of the other various lists. If I had not gone for myself, I would probably still be sitting here oblivious to what truly happened in our case.

    Praise God? Yes. Thank God? Yes. Forgive God? There is nothing to forgive. We don't understand it, and it doesn't make sense in our world . . . but I trust that His plan is good.

    ReplyDelete